Tuesday, August 5, 2008

New American Stir Fry


Okay- I promise this is the last BBQ flavored post for a while. Maybe until next summer.

At any rate last night I was craving Stir Fry, I even made a special trip to the new asian market to make sure I got the right combo of noodles and sauces. Unfortunately, by the time I got home I didn't feel like all the effort of the noodles, and, well, I was just feeling lazy. So here came plan B.

BBQ Stir Fry.
I had some leftover chicken that I had grilled the other day and some potatoes, so I thought, why not - -gotta use those leftovers somehow, and besides if its just aweful and I can't eat it, well... I could use to skip a meal now and again.

So without further backstory, here is what I did.

Stir Fry (Medium High Heat in a big frying pan)
Chopped Red Onion
Chopped Green Peppers
Sugar Snap Peas cut in bite size chunks
Leftover grilled chicken in bite size pieces
Leftover roasted potatoes in bite size pieces.

Once everything is nice and warm, add in a few sloshes around the pan of your favorite BBQ sauce.
Add in a squeeze of honey.

Stir it around until its all well distributed.

Serve.

And for the big suprise,
it was actually pretty good. Probably won't see it popping up in any restaurants soon, but really, not bad.

Try it and enjoy,
T


No comments: